This is a special opportunity for Aim-Hire to retain its first Executive Director to be the principal architect of its development program, chart the course and direction of the organization, and build upon the organization’s achievements and reputation.
The Executive Director will be joining Aim-Hire at a unique moment of transition and growth. Founded only 4 years ago, the Executive Director will have the opportunity to chart an expanded course for organizational growth with the intent of expanding its footprint and furthering its impact in the short and long term.
With four years of unparalleled success jump-starting careers and supporting families, Aim-Hire is changing the way we think about tzedakah. Putting into practice the Maimonidean prescriptive that the highest form of tzedakah is helping those in need to become self-sufficient, our goal is to facilitate the job placement of mid-career professionals who are struggling to find employment even as they shoulder the significant financial challenges of supporting a Jewish home. Our unique approach is to incentivize employers to hire our qualified candidates by significantly subsidizing each referral’s first few months of employment. Blessedly, the positive feedback we receive from our Aim-Hire referrals is only surpassed by the continuous words of praise we receive from their equally grateful employers.
To learn more about Aim-Hire, please visit: https://www.aim-hire.org/
Aim-Hire seeks a dynamic and ambitious leader with demonstrated success in building capacity and increasing revenue to serve as its next Executive Director (ED). The successful candidate must have an authentic passion for Aim-Hire’s mission and demonstrated success as an engaging fundraiser and highly articulate communicator skilled at making a compelling case for organizational support.
Reporting to the President, the ED is responsible for the overall leadership, strategic direction, and health of Aim-Hire. The ED will help Aim-Hire raise its overall competitive position with existing donors and drive growth initiatives that enable the organization to tap into new segments of the donor marketplace more effectively. A significant focus will be on developing major donor relationships and implementing individual donor and foundation solicitation and stewardship strategies.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional planning and leadership skills and must be an entrepreneurial leader who can translate Aim-Hire’s vision and strategy into operational tactics and strategic financial planning.
Fundraising Strategy and Engagement
• Develop a strategic and collaborative fundraising program that includes ways to deepen and diversify the funding base.
• Develop strategy to increase the depth and breadth of individual and foundation support.
• Manage a portfolio of prospective major individual and foundation donors; maintain existing donor relationships and deepen those alliances through regular, relevant communications and stewardship.
• Drive all backend fundraising operations, encompassing CRM administration, grant writing, reporting, and marketing and communication efforts.
• Serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for the organization and articulate the mission to external constituents; oversee and design efforts to establish better brand recognition.
• Evaluate and drive the use of new technology and revamp the organization’s online tools for giving.
Strategic Vision, Leadership & Executive Management
• Inspire and bring leadership to members of the Board, staff, donors, and stakeholders in supporting the vision, goals, and objectives established by the organization.
• Develop and implement long-term and annual plans and objectives, ensure plan implementation and execution, and regularly monitor progress in partnership with the lay leadership.
• Assume primary responsibility for all operations and management.
• Ensure that the organization’s operations and technology are aligned to effectively meet its goals and expectations.
• Evaluate business processes, maintain those that are effective, and lead the organization through change (as needed).
• Lead, manage, and mentor staff; develop and hire talent with an emphasis on consistently high-performing teams.
Board Development and Management
• Maximize engagement and motivation of key lay leaders throughout the organization regarding their own roles in helping to lead change and reach new goals.
• Keep the President fully informed about progress towards financial and programmatic goals.
• Work with lay leadership to cultivate and recruit new board members.
• Update and implement governance policies and procedures to ensure Aim-Hire operates in accordance with best practices.
• Foster transparent and effective decision-making processes.
• Passion for Aim-Hire’s mission.
• Ability to thrive in a lean, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment.
• Demonstrated success developing and implementing strategic plans and tasks with clear goals, objectives, and measurement tools.
• Demonstrated success in fundraising, and broad knowledge of all areas of fundraising including individual major gifts, planned giving, events, and foundation support.
• A successful track record with major gift solicitation.
• A decisive leader and problem solver with an inclination to develop procedures and systems that can improve efficiency.
• A compelling communicator, both written and verbal, who is effective in one-on-one and group settings, as well as equally engaging with internal and external audiences.
• Strong leadership, management and supervision skills that include the ability to inspire, influence, and hold a team accountable to high standards and goals.
• Experience with budgeting and financial oversight.
• Experience partnering with a team to create an effective and innovative marketing and communications plan.
• Deep understanding of the Jewish philanthropic landscape and familiarity with Jewish community structures and institutions.
• Some willingness to travel
• Minimum of 4 years experience necessary
• Full Time
• Hybrid Role – Required to be in the office two to three days per week. The office is located in the financial district of Manhattan.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Sehara@Aim-Hire.Org