$70,000 to $80,000
Job Title: Insurance Customer Service Representative
As an Insurance Customer Service Representative, you will be responsible for providing exceptional service to clients and assisting them with their insurance needs. You will handle inquiries, process policy changes, and address customer concerns promptly and professionally. Your goal is to ensure client satisfaction and retention while upholding the company’s standards and policies.
1. Serve as the main point of contact for policyholders, agents, and other stakeholders, responding to inquiries via phone, email, and in-person interactions.
2. Provide accurate information about insurance products, coverage options, policy terms, and claims procedures to clients.
3. Assist customers in managing their policies by processing policy changes, endorsements, and cancellations.
4. Collaborate with underwriters and claims adjusters to resolve customer issues, including policy clarifications, billing inquiries, and claim status updates.
5. Prepare and issue insurance quotes, renewal notices, and policy documents to clients.
6. Maintain accurate and up-to-date customer records in the company’s database, ensuring all information is complete and properly documented.
7. Handle policy renewals, including contacting clients and processing renewal payments.
8. Assist in processing insurance claims, including gathering necessary information, documenting the claim, and facilitating communication between the client and the claims department.
9. Identify opportunities to cross-sell or upsell additional insurance products to existing clients.
10. Stay updated on industry trends, product knowledge, and regulatory changes to provide accurate information and advice to clients.
11. Follow company guidelines and procedures when handling confidential and sensitive information.
12. Collaborate with other departments, such as underwriting and sales, to provide comprehensive customer support and ensure a smooth customer experience.
13. Provide feedback to management regarding customer concerns, process improvement opportunities, and areas for enhanced customer satisfaction.
14. Meet or exceed performance metrics, including customer service targets, call handling times, and quality assurance standards.
Qualifications and Skills:
– High school diploma or equivalent; some college education preferred.
– Previous experience in customer service, preferably in the insurance industry.
– Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and establish positive relationships with customers.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Proficient computer skills and experience working with customer relationship management (CRM) software or similar systems.
– Detail-oriented with strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
– Knowledge of insurance products, policies, and procedures.
– Familiarity with insurance regulations and compliance standards.
– Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.