Finance Director CPA required
Brooklyn (Boro Park), NY – in office
150 – 250k (depending on experience)
We are seeking a detail-oriented and proactive Certified Public Accountant (CPA) passionate about helping clients maintain their legacy.
The successful candidate will be willing to learn, take responsibility; and work closely with the CEO, clients, and their advisors to provide comprehensive financial and estate planning services.
1. Ownership and Learning: Be passionate about helping clients, willing to learn, and when mistakes happen (we are all human beings) be willing to take responsibility for them and learn from the opportunity.
2. Client Engagement: Develop and maintain relationships with multiple generations of a client’s family, fostering trust and confidence.
3. Asset Management: • Asset Verification: Confirm the accuracy of clients’ assets. • Liabilities Analysis: Review client current and long term liabilities such as accounts payable, loans, and other financial obligations. • Financial Review: Analyze and review clients’ current financial pictures. • Financial Discovery: Uncover new financial details or opportunities. • Cost Basis Analysis: Evaluate the original value of assets for tax purposes. • Facilitate the Appraisals Process: Coordinate client’s advisors to solve for the value of assets. • Asset Ownership: Determine and record ownership percentages of various asset classes. • Tax Return Review: Review tax returns for accuracy and optimization. • Beneficiary Management: Oversee the designation of beneficiaries for assets/accounts.
4. Estate Planning: Learn and apply the Heimlich Financial Group estate planning process.
5. Tax Planning: Stay up to date on tax laws to ensure clients take advantage of all possible tax-saving ideas.
6. Collaboration: Work with the HFG team, clients and their families, and clients’ other advisors to ensure an integrated approach.
7. Hourly Billing: Manage time and charge clients on an hourly basis.
8. Review Internal Financials: Review internal financial statements prepared by outsourced bookkeepers for accuracy.
• Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. • Certifications: Active CPA license. • Experience: Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. Skills: Excellent communication, analytical, organizational skills, and adaptable to new learning concepts.
Preferred Qualifications: •
Experience working with multiple generations of a client’s family. • Knowledge of current trends that involves life insurance in the estate planning process. Or strong willingness to learn these.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org