The Authorizations Coordinator will ensure that all authorizations are tracked, obtained, and entered in a timely manner and ensure that services are delivered efficiently.
• Run bi-weekly report of all expiring authorizations.
• Follow and obtain all expiring/expired authorizations, including Private Pay via email/mail/portal/fax.
• Review authorization information for proper Name/EIN/Service Code/Modifier/Units when applicable.
• Enter all authorizations for all active and new cases.
• Enter contract information for all new cases.
• Enter, approve and track temp authorizations.
• Review and enter authorizations from PA roster.
• Follow up, enter and track all Immediate Need/School/Floating hours.
• Obtain Continuity of Care authorizations when HMO clients does plan to plan transfer.
• Communicate and obtain confirmation from coordinator when there is a service hour change.
• Assist Finance Department in obtaining proper authorizations when denial is received.
• Strong organizational and follow up skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
• Excellent phone and customer service skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent starting salary
• Health, dental, vision insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Job training
• Growth opportunities
Hamaspik HomeCare provides a variety of homecare services in the comfort of the patients’ homes. Licensed by the NYS Department of Health and accredited by the Joint Commission, Hamaspik HomeCare has become known for its legendary support and extraordinary care.